Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Blog Post 4

Eagle Nest Radio and Class Blog

I was not aware of what a podcast was until I went to this class blog. I was expecting a skit or slide show. Although, it was not what I was expecting it was still very interesting and entertaining.

Since I am studying to be a teacher, I really liked the way this teacher got her students involved. I am pretty sure these students not only know their material for this podcast, but also remember and understand it as well. That is what we need to do as teachers. Find different ways of teaching so that the students understand and remember what is being taught. I have attached a link below if you would like to see it for yourself.

Eagle Nest Radio's class blog

Curriki-Podcast Collection

I wish this would have been the first site for me to visit for this blog section in my EDM310 class. It explains what a podcast is in great detail and even gives a couple of sites on how to make your own podcast. The reason I wish I had seen this site first is, because I would have known what to expect when I was listening to the Eagle Nest Radio's podcasts. I would have known there was not going to be a video and appreciated it more.

Instead of placing this blog information at the end of my blog I have chosen to put it under the Eagle Nest blog so that someone who does not know about podcasts will not have the same problems I had. I have placed a link below for anyone who would like to read about or make a podcast of your own.

Curriki's blog

Integrating ICT into the MFL classroom

I found this video very interesting because it gave a bunch of reasons why podcasting is beneficial. One of the first topics he brings up are children born after 1980 have typically lived in a world where there has been some form of technology. I happen to agree with him and it seems the younger they are the more technology they know how to use. I know my six year old son knows how to do somethings better and faster than me on the computer.

Some of the benefits this video mentioned are if a child is sick they can still do their homework and possibly even a test, depending on the teacher they can make it very interesting and fun for the student to want to do the lesson, but not only do the lesson, learn from it. Although, it is a nine minute video, I believe it is a great video to watch if you are thinking about using podcast in your classroom. I have included the link below for you to watch for yourself.

Joe Dale's blog

100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better

This site gives several sites for you to visit that help you get applications on your iPod. Some of the sites it lists are Spanish, Bible 101, Sesame Street. Since I have a two year old who loves Elmo I will be downloading that one very soon. Along with that one I also plan on downloading the Spanish one as well. Although, I am half puertorican I can understand Spanish better than I can speak it.

I thought this site was also a good site to use, because if a site was out dated or not around anymore it referred you to a different site. The reason I believe this is a good thing is, because technology is constantly changing and this site is aware of this and trying to help you out as much as possible. If you would like to visit this site you can click on the link below and it will take you right to it.

bspcn's blog

After watching different videos and listening to podcasts, I believe podcasting is another wonderful tool to help our students understand and enjoy learning. That is the main thing I want for my students is to want and enjoy learning. The reason I chose to be a teacher is, because I believe every child wants to learn. Although, some students learn faster than others, does not mean they do not want to learn.

We as teachers need to know that there are other ways of teaching and use technology as much as we can for our students to understand what they are being taught. I cannot wait until I am teaching and using the technology we have to see a change in a child's attitude, because of a teacher who is willing to try something new to help them learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment