Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Blog Post 12

What I Learned This Year

I have enjoyed reading both of Mr. McChung's blogs about his two years of teaching. Just like him, I am afraid of the "survival mode". I hope to not get there, but it is good to know he did not stay there long. I would rather teach something hands on and not reading a book and answering questions. He and I believe in a lot of the same teaching methods. I plan on continuing to follow him even when this class is over.

If you would like to read some of his blogs. Here is a link to Mr. McClung's blog.

Just when I thought I had learned a lot of technological ideas to include in the classroom, Dr. Strange has us watch another video that proves I will never stop learning something new. I have never heard of "fablab" and I found three different videos that helped me understand it better. This first one is an overview of what the intentions of fablab are to help students with math, science, and technology children's engineering initiative's video. The second one I chose goes in more detail about the machine, how it works, and how students not only get to construct things, but also put them together and take them apart. This one can be seen at Imagine.Design.Create.Construct video. The final video I chose to share with you is actually the first one I saw because it speaks volumes to me. It is a five-year-old using the fablab technology and machine. I am learning more and more each day that it does not matter how old you are...you can still learn things. Here is a link to Digital Fabrication: Through the Eyes of a Five-Year-Old Boy's video.

No comments:

Post a Comment