Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Blog Post 6

This Is How We Dream

This video did not impress me much. I got bored easily and feel like most of the technology he used seemed basic internet search. He actually reminded me of the video Leah, Barry, and I did on Burp Back Education. I would like for you to see our video and just compare the two voices to see exactly what I am talking about.

Although, I do think it is a good idea for students/people to know how to use the internet and the great things technology has to offer, I do not think we should be so dependent on it. The internet is not always accurate. Here is an link to an example of the wrong information being published on the internetStudent's Hoax. I understand this was a hoax on wikipedia and most people know they should not depend on that site, but in this case several reporters did and reported the wrong information.

If you would like to see the This Is How We Dream I would love to get your response on it.

Wendy Drexler:The Networked Student

I found this video more interesting. It showed how technology helps a student find information and receive other peoples feedback. It also shows that a teacher is needed even though it is a mostly computer based class. Once again I believe technology is a great tool, but I do not believe it should be the only learning method.

Here is a link to Wendy Drexler's video.

Toward A New Future of Whatever

I highly enjoyed this video! I was scared to watch it at first because it is a little over 30 minutes long, but it keeps you interested the whole time. since I am only a couple years younger than he is I was really able to relate to the examples he was giving. I thought it was cute how he compared his large classroom to an American Idol audition. Although, the size was about the same the outcome was totally different. He knows not many of his students were involved in his lecture since he does have a really large class, but the people waiting to audition on American Idol were wide awake.

I have never been a huge UTube fan and have only watched a couple of videos, and the main reason is because I feel like he said, "...they are 99.9% irrelevant." I have thought some of the videos are very comical, but I have never thought about the reason why people make the videos...until now. He brought up several different points, but what I liked the best was, "...not you but this." So, what I am thinking is UTube is a lot like American Idol...people think they have a chance and do not care what they look like to get their little time of fame. Just like the audition, The person is pretty much in front of a camera doing "whatever" they want to do to get noticed.

Here is a link to Michael Wesch's video.

No comments:

Post a Comment