Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Blog Post 8

"What I Have Learned This Year" by Mr. McClung

This post spoke volumes to me! I have been afraid of the student teaching part that will start next spring. Not the teaching part, but the what others will think of me. I am glad he reminded me it is really what the kids think that is most important. I feel like I can relate to them and understand that they all learn at different speeds. So, hopefully I will not forget this when I do start teaching.

I enjoyed his post so much that I added him to my PLN so I can continue to stay in contact with him.

Here is a link to Mr. McClung's post.

We Should Listen to the Kids!

The first thing that caught my attention about this post was in her first paragraph where she talks about her not being listened to in school as a student. Then in her second paragraph she talks about how when she needs to ask her students for help they do not judge her. I think this is something we should all take into consideration.

She then shares a video of a young girl who is so comical and so truthful in her speech. I highly recommend everyone to watch this video!

Here is a link to Jenny's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment