Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Blog Post 7

Randy Pausch's Last Lecture

This name was a genius! Not only on all of his accomplishments, but on his outlook on life itself. He gave so many wonderful examples of what people/his kids should do all I am going to do is touch a little bit of the ones that stuck out to me the most.

Towards the beginning of his lecture he said, "anything is possible...have specific dreams...brick walls are there for a reason..." He goes on to explain how his dreams sometimes got reworded to make them come true, but he was still able to accomplish his dreams. He was a very persisted man that did not stop just because something was in his way of accomplishing one of his dreams. He looked for alternative route to accomplishing his dreams.

Towards the end of the lecture he said, "...have fun!...never give up...focus on other people..." Have fun! I try to always have fun...that is another reason why I want to be a teacher, and he was dying and was still having fun. He always thought of another way to make his dreams come true, and would like all of us to do the same. He would look at the big picture, and his big picture for his last lecture is for us to "...focus on other people...and how to lead your life..."

As I said at the beginning, he is a genius and I recommend everyone to take an hour and sixteen minutes and watch Randy Pausch's Last Lecture. You will not be disappointed. The only thing I am disappointed about is that he did pass away, and I am not able to add him to my PLN. I believe he had a wonderful outlook on life and was not only a great man, but also a wonderful professor and mentor.

No comments:

Post a Comment